Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday

What a Day!! It started early because we were going to the range and we were in formation at 0445. After an hour bus ride, we were standing, again in the middle of nowhere, at the range where we would practice some drills and Close Quarter Maneuver. This is what all Soldiers live for. The range lasted about three hours and we were able to shoot several magizines of bullets all while learning something and building confidence in ourselves and others.

During the ride back, which was during the day, I wasable to see some of the coutryside which although interesting was unremarkable. One sand dune looks very much like every other sand dune. However, one of the highlights was the many camels that we were able to see along the side of the road. I suppose that one goal of every Soldier that is here is to see a camel. Now I wonder if this Kuwaiti camel is any different than the Chinese camel that I was able to sit on last year?

Because of the range this morning, I missed out on my normal breakfast routine of an omelet, but I think that I will recover tomorrow. hahahaha

one more thing of interest. We will be leaving here on 26 Jan. This is GREAT news.

4 comments:

  1. How will you ever recover from missing your morning omelet???? Are you going to eat two tomorrow??? Tax dollars hard at work here people! I'm glad that you got to shoot some bullets. I'm sure that you hit the targets dead on?! The kids enjoyed talking to you this morning! Put a spring in their step. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Mom in the snowy, icy, and generally miserable cold north east. Tomorrow I go to Phoenix AZ for the weekend where it will probably be unbearably pleasant and beautiful. Not like NJ at all. Hope I can handle the change. Last night I was a substitute with a tennis league that my neighbor at the end of the garden plays in. It's expensive to be in the league, but no cost to substitute. You just have to suck down your supper and go find your racket at short notice. That works for me and it's fun. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. NJ Mom - I hate to tell you thing, but it was a beautiful 80* here in Central Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think its time for me to get a nickname too
    such amazing pictures of glenn. i think it is hard to appreciate they are there, litterally what w ehave seen on the news for years, glenn is there. and "deano" is damn proud. think he is eating better than me

    ReplyDelete