Saturday, January 31, 2009

Iraq

Okay, we are all now finally here and what a journey it as been so far. We all finally arrived Friday morning after having traveling all night. It is not that the trip takes very long, it is just a combination of bus to the holding area, bus to the plane, plane to Iraq, bus to "home." That trip took us 12 hours, but all is well now. We all have a place to live and today we were able to get our stuff that we shipped early. That was so long ago, I had forgotten what I had put in it. Once again, I have to thank my lovely wife, for I am sure she made me buy and pack all of life's necessities. I am now happy. I will take pictures of the abode later and post them, so you can all see what this place is like.

When you walk around the sleeping area and all of the gathering places; office, dining facility, etc, there is just massive amounts of concrete everywhere. Eight foot tall concrete walls surrounding everything and keeping us safe. Although it does give you sort of a prison feel. But it is all very safe.

All of the internet services have transitioned from wire to wireless and eventually will go optical, but that means that I have to figure out my phone which needs the wire. It will be just another challenege that I am sure will have a happy outcome.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Just let me know if we forgot to pack anything and we will mail it to you!

    ReplyDelete