Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tusday - Getting Ready to Move Along

Okay, here is the day that we have all been waiting for. Tomorrow, at some time, we will get on a plane and fly forward into Iraq. We all know that the "clock" has been counting, but now it seems real. We are really going in to start out job and to put our mark on history; or at least complain that our predecessors did it all wrong and not that the CAV is here, everything will be done right.

Personnally, I cannot wait till we get forward; if for no other reason than for something else to write about. We were brought here to be up there and not to sit here. There is a sense of frustration that we cannot do anything about. There are powers at work that are WELL above me that are figuring all of this stuff out.

We have a great team over here and nothing but positive will come from that. The mix of experience and rookie is good, because even us rookies can teach some good ideas.

Last night at dinner, we spoke to the Dining Facility Manager (a Soldier) for quite a while and we convinced him to get his food carver to create a CAV decoration. When we came in this morning, there was a melon perfectly in the shape of the patch with the words 1st CAV underneath. I did get some pictures as i now carry my camera arund all of the time and I will post those when I get the opportunity to pull them from the camera.

That is all for now, I am not sure when the next one will be. It wil all be based on when we fly and how soon I can get a connection from my trailer.

Good thoughts all around.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see the carved melon! I bet it is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe flight. I'm glad it's finally "go time".

    ReplyDelete