Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nov 19th Update

I haven't provided an update in a while and I thought that I was due and today gave me the excuse, but more on that later.


In case some of you were wondering about the local weather, it is now the rainy season and along with buckets of rain, it is very cold. As I stroll to the office in the morning, I happen to walk right by a thermometer adn during the heat of the summer, we all complained that it was 130; for the last three days as I walk by at 0800 it has been about 45 degrees. Rememer that this is on top of the buckets of rain. Everything here is just cold, wet and muddy. Truly, it is time to come home now. I recently went to visit a place that I had been to previously (and got stuck) in the middle of the summer, so now I have been there walking around in the 130 degree dust storm and walking the same ground in 35 degree rain. Too much fun.

We had a bit of excitement today as one of our own re-enlisted. As a leader, there are three good things to do, give awards, promote and re-enlist and today, I was fortunate enough to perform one of those events. It always makes me feel good when, as a team, we celebrate like this.



Also, I had a surprise visitor. Someone from a recent past life was in the building and stopped by to say hello. I was very surprised and the first thing (after the man hug), was to get a picture.




This was our backyard neighbor while in Korea.

All in all, a very good day and Thanksgiving will be here soon.

1 comment: