Okay, now Thanksgiving is over and like many others, we here had too much to eat. Some of the highlights were; shrimp cocktail, roast and smoked turkey, steamship round and prime rib, ham, cornish hen, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, stuffing, veggies, dessert and topped off with eggnog. What a day, and they repeated the whole thing so we all would get the feeling of leftovers.
As we all expected, the Dining Facility staff exceeded all expectation and the place looked amazing. There is a sizable number of the staff that have food service experence aboard cruise ships, so they are all used to decorations.
Some of the cakes; the top one says "God Bless America," the middle one is the Eagle and the bottom one is our unit patch.

More cakes.......

I thought this one was cute with the turkey running away.....

They of course had carved ice sculptures, but this is the carved fruit display. Just amazing.....



Outside was something that I had never seen before. This is colored rice. I had to stand on a table to get this shot. Outside our DFAC is a gazebo where we had a combo playing and this is the floor of that gazebo.
This is colored sugar......... Lots of time and dedication.

Fox News was in our DFAC conducting interviews and getting some shots. This is actually GEN Odierno getting interviewed. I did not recognize the Fox guy.
We all went to lunch together as a section which was very nice. All in all a very good day; Thanksgiving 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment