Monday, December 14, 2009

Sunday Morning Blahs

Sunday mornings here are quieter than other mornings, and I normally do not get into the office until after lunch. To pass the time, I normally clean my room and I have gotten hooked on a few good TV shows. One such show that I have been watching is a PBS show “Carrier” for about the last six or seven weeks. I think it is a 10 part series which covers the USS Nimitz aircraft carrier during the course of a cruise to the middle east and it is almost over. Well, today’s episode was called “Home-Itis” and it went into detail about all of the Sailors and how they were missing home during their six month cruise. Well, I was not going to watch that, so I switched over to the movie channel and “8 Below” was on and I caught it just as he finds out that he left his dogs back on Antarctica. Well, I was not going to watch that one either. This was not shaping up to be a good day.

I flipped over to another channel to find Bobby Flay in one of his famous “Throwdowns.” In this one, he was challenging Juniors Cheesecakes which happens to be in Manhattan, NY. Well Bobby made a traditional cheesecake with caramel apples and walnuts as a topping and Juniors topped his with, not one but two layers of devil’s food cake, all covered with chocolate icing. Hmmm, they both looked really good, but Bobby took the prize. Sunday will be alright after all, and I will suggest the winning recipe to House Hold 6 for a suggestion when guests visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment