Last night, 22 December, I went to see the 1st Cavalry Division band put on their Christmas show. This was a little different as it was not the whole band, but just 10 members. This group of 10 Soldiers was the Rock band and it was amazing. It was almost a visceral experience. It is hard to believe that these kids are Soldiers first, all of them carrying weapons and musicians second. They were having such a good time and their happiness was definitely contagious as we all were smiling and enjoying the night off. They played for about an hour and it took me back to a few memories.
One memory was my Mom and I went to the NY Philharmonic Orchestra and the lady next to us pulled out her crochet set. People just go to hear good music and it does not take any concentration and although not a memory but a plan, this is something that my kids would really have fun at.
We are winding down over here and there is definitely a buzz in the air, not only because it is Christmas, but because we will soon all be home. I need to send out a public thanks for all of the thoughts, cards and boxes that people have sent. I, and the team appreciate it all.
Controlled Myself
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment