Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stephen Colbert

well as you may or may not have heard, we had another visitor this week. Actually he is still here. Stephen Colbert arrived here Friday and will taping his show from here. His first show was taped Sunday which will air Monday night back in the US. I had the opportunity to sit in on the Monday evening taping, which will air Tuesday night.

The show was AWESOME!!! He was very interactive and it was fun to see how they put it together. Here is a shot of the crowd waiting for the show to begin.

A shot of the set.
Me, anxiously waiting for the beginning of the festivities.

This is his desk, which is a stack of sandbags painted to look like an American flag; a very cool idea.
and the man of the hour, Stephen Colbert. I know it is a little blurry, but there was only a brief opportunity to take photos before the show while he was doing a it of a warmup and he just did not stand still.
So, since I have been here, I have seen The Gap Band, the President, Mack Brown and now Stephen Colbert. So far, the USO is doing quite well.




1 comment:

  1. a.w.e.s.o.m.e I'm going to have to record the shows and try to pick you out in the crowd. You'll be the one in uniform, right? *wink*

    ReplyDelete