Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Let me take this opportunity to say Happy Mother's Day to everyone. To my Mom, Leigh and the other Ya-Yas, and other friends, you are all very special and your work often goes underappreciated. We are deployed here with a lot of Moms and just like birthdays and other holidays, this one day is just a little harder.

In a time and place for milestones, this week we I hit a big one. We all count days here, days till we go home, days till Sunday, everything is a big countdown. Well, I count the days until I go home on vacation and this week we went from triple digits to double. Yippee. Now as I sit here and write this, the clock is turning to 96. It might still seem lke a big number, but is a lot smaller than 200 which is where we started.

So, no pictures this week as it has been somewhat quiet, but all is well. The temp is starting to rise and we are getting consistant days over 95 degrees as we work our way to about 130.

So again, Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment: