Well, time continues to move along and this week, the temperature here hit 100 degrees. Altough, here I am a bit spoiled. I live in an air conditioned room and work in an air condioned office. When lunch time comes around, it is almost a joy to get out of the artificial light and cold air and walk the 500 meters in the warm, dry air and break up the routine of the day.
I am sure by now all of you have heard of the horrible tradgedy that happened here last week where one Soldier decided that the only way out of his problems was to take it out on fellow Soldiers and health care providers. This actually happened right in my back yard. There are plenty of people that have dployed more than once adn I work with pleny of them. Being here and seperated from loved ones is hard, but there ar epeople that can help. The news media will spin this particular incident in a way that only they can, but we may never really know what happened on that day to that Soldier. Don't beleive everything that you read.
The job continues to be interesting and I am learning new thinfs every day. There are signs that there is an end as last week, we began to talk to our replacement. We will take part in teaching them, just as our predeccessors tought us. Also, as I continue to watch the clock, I will be home on my R&R leave in less than 90 days. Yippee.
This week, Household 6 took the family to Sea World and I am sure that they had a good time. I am very proud of the family as they continue their routine of normalcy as much as possible.
Thank you all for everything that you do.
Controlled Myself
16 years ago

Now it is 87 days!
ReplyDelete