Saturday, October 10, 2009

Promotion Photos and a fun trip

Okay, so as promised, here are some promotion pictures and even a film clip. As I have stated before, the event was very special, not only in the promotion aspect, but because I was ale to have family present. House Hold 6 was there with the Big Man and what made it unique from our end, was that I was able to bring in two stations, my Mom being on the other end. There was lots of hard work that went into pulling this off, and I want to thank all those involved.

The pictures were taken from several different people including the CG's official photographer.

Here is me before the event.

Off with the old.........

and on with the new, and just like that, everything changes.

I think that they surprised us all with this shot, which is supposed to be me with the family. HH6 and crew on the left screen and Mom in NJ on the right.

As with any big event, we have to have a big event cake.........

and along with the cake, there was dinner; sandwhiches, fixins, wings, .........

and drinks.

The cake had to ceremonially cut, so in the CAV tradition with a Saber, I hacked away. What an awesome night.


Within a few days, I was out and about doing what I really enjoy; going out talking to Soldiers. Normally, when you get on something that flies, you just to get on and fly away, but on this particular trip, we lifted off and flew to the end of the runway, set down again, taxied to a corner and got some gas. Well, I always knew that these things took gas, I just have never been in one when it needed a fill-up.

This is the view out my window......


and the view out the other window taken a few minutes later.

It was a good night to fly.
Thanks to everyone, and more soon.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! :) The Owens family is so proud of you!!!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful experience. Sherryl and I are VERY proud of you, and were so glad to have been a part of your event in Texas, and also to share your pictures from your event in Iraq. you will make a fine LTC, and whatever else the future holds. you take care until we see you back home. ps, we saw U2 last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were really good pictures of you and MG Bolger! Really good ones too of the helicopter flight.

    ReplyDelete