Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Presidential Visit

As I am sure you are aware of by now, we here in Iraq had a visitor earlier in the week. President Obama stopped by for a brief visit. Now, regardless of political persuasion, he is the President and it was just awesome to see him. This is a building that I go into all of the time, and I have posted pictures of the room in previous posts.

We were outside when his motorcade rolled by and then we were allowed inside. He was introduced at about 1805 and he spoke for about 10 minutes. Afterward he did the standard ropeline and I was about two people deep and was able to snap this picture. It all happened very quickly.

Anyway, I was glad that I went. It was about a five hour commitment of time when it was all said and done, but the opportunity does not present itself very often and it is something that I will be able to tell my kids.

Daddy was there!!!

3 comments:

  1. Most excellent! I'm glad that you were able to be part of that. We are proud of you and what you do even though the President is against the war! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! I love how it looks like (you) some hand is patting him on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right! That's a great one to share with the kiddos. We are proud of our soldiers and all that you are doing!

    ReplyDelete